Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ulrich

Please answer honestly....

I am not going to be offended.  Promise.

Raise your hand if the first time you looked at my last name, you really weren't sure how to say it.... ULLGRIIICKK. (I can hear some of you gagging trying to say it as we speak...)

Let me help you.

It's said... ul-rich.

I figured since this will be my last name forever now, I might as well look up it's meaning today.

This is what I found on www.thinkbabynames.com.

Side note... really interesting that I found this information on a baby name site.  Who names their baby Ulrich? Maybe the vikings?  I don't know...

Anyway, Ulrich means "noble, regal ruler, power of the wolf, or power of the home."

Random, I know... but that is what it means!!!

All kidding aside, I love my last name.  I am so proud to be an Ulrich.  It seems like whenever I say my name, someone knows an Ulrich and that makes me proud to be a part of this great family.  It's like I instantly gain a friend that I just barely met.  Plus, I have never heard anything bad said about an Ulrich.  Having this last name makes me very conscience to not do anything wrong to taint this great name.  I need to live up to the honor of having this last name.  

I love being an Ulrich.

No comments:

Post a Comment