Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

That darn truck

Let me paint a picture for you.

Three things to remember:

1. Ryan and I live in a town home.  We have a 3X3 piece of grass for our front yard and then it is the road.  Our town home is squished in between two other homes.  There are 30+ town homes in the same block of our little development.

2. The window of the master bedroom is on the front of the house right on top of the garage.  Ryan and I's  headboard on our bed is in front of the window.  Basically meaning that we sleep with our heads right under the window.

3. When we all put out our garbage cans on Tuesday night, they are all pretty much next to each other.  Directly in front of our cute little house.

So on to my story now that I have set up the scenery...

It's early Wednesday morning and like always, Ryan and I sleep with our window open.  It is peaceful and quiet.  We are both sleeping soundly, wrapped in each others arms... until....



BAM!!

KLANK!!!

FLURP!!

BEEP! BEEP!

SMACK!

The darn garbage truck is emptying our garbage at 5am!!!

Remember the setting I took so long at the beginning of this post to set up?  Well that just means that since we live in such an enclosed community and all our garbages seem to be placed together right in front of our house, the noise basically blasts Ryan and I right out of our bed. And I mean literally... blast.  I am not really sure if it's because we are going from a deep peaceful sleep to a boisterous war zone or what.  But seriously, it has got to be the loudest noise I had ever encountered at 5am.

You would think that Ryan and I would remember to not sleep with the window open on the nights the garbage truck comes.   But alas, we forget every time and wake up ready to pummel the garbage man and his darn truck.

2 comments:

  1. I know just what you're going through. We live behind a maverick and some other stores and there are two different garbage trucks that come to empty the dumpsters. One at 3am and the other at 4am. I hate Wednesday mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lame! We has a similar situation, only it was a weed whacker cutting the grass against our window well. I am not a fan.

    ReplyDelete