Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Shh...


What I am about to tell you is a deep and dark hidden secret. 
Not even my husband knows this about me…    

I am addicted to magazines. 

What kind of magazines you ask?  All kinds. 
I don’t know what it is about a magazine that just catches my attention.  Maybe it's the quick read or the bright colors of each article.  Or maybe it is the information, pictures, ideas and recipes that fill each page.  Who knows… I just know that I love them.

I am so addicted that I don’t mind sitting in the waiting room at the dentist because I will get to look at a magazine.  The same goes for the grocery line, if the line is long, I have time to flip through a few that are on display.  There are even times when I will just go to the library or Barnes and Noble to look through the new magazines that month.  And I may or may not flip through a magazine when I am going to the bathroom… TMI… sorry.    

Anyway, my husband has no idea that I like magazines so much because he met me in a time of my life when I was extremely busy. I was so busy in fact, that could hardly make time for anything but school, work, teaching and planning events for Weber State.  However, now that my life has slowed down quite a bit, I have time to enjoy a magazine or two… or three…. 

So, I have recently subscribed to a magazine.

Maybe a couple. 

Okay, I lied.  I have recently subscribed to a few. 

6 of them to be exact… 

Family Circle
EveryDay with Rachel Ray
Better Homes and Gardens
Taste of Home
Martha Stewart Everyday Food
and last but not least…
Martha Stewart Living

Ryan is going to kill me. 

He doesn’t share my same enthusiasm for magazines.  Crazy, right?

Because of my magazine subscribing frenzy, I have been trying to break the news to him nicely but that isn’t working very well so I am hoping that the fact I got a killer deal on all of them will make Ryan feel better about the whole situation.  

Maybe I should have ordered some “manly” magazines to make him feel included.  Oh well, too late now.  Or is it?  There is one more magazine I would like to order.   

Hmm…  

Well aside from that, I am just thrilled to be starting my own personal little magazine library.   

Hopefully Ryan will feel the same way when he reads this post. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I'm the same way. Only my bad addiction is Cosmo (and Paper Crafts and Simple Scrapbooks, but they don't count as bad). At least your magazines are homemaker-ish and PG. And I think Ryan will forgive you if you start trying all those yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete